Why Should the Wedding Ring be worn on the Fourth Finger?
There is a beautiful and convincing explanation given by the Chinese.
The Thumb represents your Parents
The Second / Index finger represents your Siblings.
The Middle finger represents your Self
The Fourth / Ring finger represents your Children.
Try this little exercise:
1. Open your palms, face to face, bend the middle fingers and hold them together, back to back.
2. Open and hold the remaining three fingers and the thumb, tip to tip and press them tightly.
3. Now try to separate your thumbs (representing your Parents) and they will open because your parents are not destined to live with you lifelong.
4. It is the same with the second finger (Siblings) and last finger. (Children)
5. You should find it very hard to separate