- Interview in Alternative E-Zine
I have read this true story many many times and it has NEVER failed to create strong emotions in me. Find this one in my articles and share your thoughts with me.
Have just added this marvellous story of the Little Dragon on my Articles page, and you MUST read it. Gives us a whole new perspective of how we live and act.
I loved the story and was so moved by it.
Want to know a bit more about clutter?
Then read on..........
What to do with Clutter
1. Identify the clutter
2. Get broken items fixed or repaired or thrown out.
3. Remove ornaments, pictures, items that you DON"T like.
4. If unsure whether to discard anything, pack and store but make a decision later as to what to do with it. The subconscious always remembers that it is still there.
5. Get emotional support in letting go of things.
If your mind were your home, what would you see?
A calm focussed space or a frenetic, messy, disorganised mind?
Keeping items that no longer work or are not used is symbolic of talents that we have that are not being utilised.
Just read through and you'll get the point.
1. Name the 5 wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last 5 Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last 5 winners of the Miss America pageant.
4. Name 10 people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name the last dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?????
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of Yesterday.
There are no second-rate achievers.
They are the best in their fields.
But the applause dies.................Awards tarnish............Achievements are forgotten..........
Accolades and Certificates are buried with their owners.
But here's another quiz. See how you do on this one.
1. List a few teachers who aided you through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name 5 people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of 5 people whom you enjoy spending time with.
Easier??? Here's the Lesson.
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money or the most awards.
They simply are the ones who care the most.
Here's My Thought Of The Day:
On Facebook I've been bringing my friends a gift everyday to share and give away, without costing a cent!!!
8 Gifts That Do Not Cost a Cent (beautiful anonymous wisdom)
1. The Gift of Listening
But you must really listen. No Interrupting, no daydreaming, no planning your response. Just listening.
2. The Gift of Affection
Be generous with appropriate hugs, kisses, pats on the back and handholds.
Let these small actions demonstrate the love you have for family and friends.
3. The Gift of Laughter.
Clip cartoons. Share articles and funny stories. Your gift will say, "I love to laugh with you."
4. The Gift of a Written Note.
It can be a simple "Thanks for your help" note or a full sonnet. A brief handwritten note may be remembered for a lifetime and may even change a life.
5. The Gift of a Compliment.
A simple and sincere, "You look great in red," "You did a super job," or "That was a wonderful meal," can really make someone's day.
6. The Gift of a Favour.
Every day, Every day, go out of your way to do something kind.
7. The Gift of Solitude.
There are times when we want nothing better than to be left alone. Be sensitive to those times and give the gift of Solitude to others as well.
8. The Gift of a Cheerful Disposition.
The easiest way to feel good is to extend a kind word to someone, really its not that hard to say, "Hello" or "Thank You".